Here are some Takki basics:
- Name: 滝沢秀明 (Takizawa Hideaki)
- In Katakana: タッキー (Takki)
- Nicknames: Takki, Tackey, Hide-kun
- Date of Birth: 29 March, 1982
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Chinese zodiac: Year of the Dog
- Family: Parents, older sister and older brother
- Blood Type: A
- Place of Birth: Tokyo, Hachioji
- Talent Agency: Johnny’s Entertainment
- Unit: Tackey & Tsubasa
Awards Takki won:
- Best Supporting Actor (News no Onna, 1998)
- Best Lead Actor (Taiyou wa Shizumanai, 2000)
- Best Lead Actor (Taiyou no Kisetsu, 2002)
- Best Actor in Leading Role (Yoshitsune, 2005)
- Idol on Stage (Apr 1995 – 30 Mar 1997 / NHK)
- Hanakin Data H (21 Jul 1995 to 15 Sep 1995 / TV Asahi)
- Jr Gold (28 Jul, 25 Aug 1996 / TBS)
- Ai LOVE Jr (08 Sep 1996 – 28 Sep 1998 / TV Tokyo)
- Music Jump (Apr 1997 – 26 Mar 2000 / NHK)
- SHOW-NEN J (02 Apr – 01 Oct 1998 / TV Asahi)
- 8 Ji Da J (15 Apr 1998 – 22 Sep 1999 / TV Asahi)
- BOYS BE… Jr. (04 Oct – 27 Dec 1998 / NTV)
- Ai LOVE B.I.G. (05 Oct 1998 – 29 Mar 1999 / TV Tokyo)
- Nekketsu Renaidou (10 Jan – 02 May 1999 / NTV)
- P.P.O.I! (09 May – 27 Jun 1999 / NTV)
- Yattaru J (20 Oct 1999 – 08 Mar 2000 / TV Asahi)
- Gakibara 2000 (15 Apr – 10 Mar 2001 / TBS)
- Gakibara! (15 Jan – 10 Mar 2001 / TBS)
- USO?! Japan (14 Apr 2001 – 13 Sep 2003 / TBS)
- Music-Enta (19 Apr 2001 – 14 Mar 2002 / TV Asahi)
- Golden Muscle (15 Oct 2003 – 29 Jun 2004 / TBS)
- Zubari Iu Wa Yo! (15 Aug 2004 – 11 Mar 2008 / TBS)
- Ogosho Japan! (15 Apr 2008 – 19 Aug 2008 / TBS)
- Joined Johnny’s Entertainment on 23rd April 1995, at the age of 13.
- He submitted his own resume/application.
- His first job was to backdance for Kinki Kids in their concert on 05 May 1995.
- He was given the lead role in the drama Mokuyou no Kaidan ~ Kaiki Club ~ a few months later.
- Takki became the leader of the Johnny’s Juniors, and is sometimes also known as the Papa of the juniors.
- He led the juniors until his official unit debut on 11 Sept, 2002, as Tackey and Tsubasa.
- T&T’s first “mini album” Hatachi” was released that day.
- The name Tackey was given to him as it sounded more “english”.
- Takki wasn’t used to the name Takki (or Tackey) at first as that was what his dad was called.
- At age 16, Takki was a hit in Japan after starring in the controversial but popular Japanese drama Majo no Jouken (also known as Forbidden Love, or in some countries known as The Witch’s Requirement or The Innocent Witch) in 1999, which tells of a somewhat tragic love story between a 26-year-old female teacher and her 17-year-old male student.
- Also at age 16, Takki was the youngest male zachou (troupe leader/chairman) in Osaka Shochikuza Theatre for “Mask”, in which he’s also lead actor.
- At age 21, Takki was the youngest male zachou in Imperial Theatre for “Dream Boy“, in which he’s also lead actor.
- And at age 23, Takki was the youngest male zachou in Shimbashi Enbujo Theatre for “Takizawa Enbujo“, in which he’s also lead actor.
- Takizawa Enbujo was performed every year (at Shimbashi Enbujo Theatre), and in 2010, finally~ at the age of 28~ Takki was given his stage director debut for this production, which was renamed “Takizawa Kabuki” due to a relocation (to Nissay Theatre).
- From 2009, Takki had another stage zachou production under his belt – Shinshun Takizawa Kakumei (New Year Takizawa Revolution). This was held on 1st January, a first in the history of the theatre. And this production is part of the Johnnys Imperial Stage Trilogy – Dream Boy, Shock, Takizawa Kakumei.
- Thus, since 2009, Takki has been performing two stage productions almost back to back. One in January-February, and another from Mar/April-May.
- Takki’s parents divorced when he was very young (this was only revealed some time in 2006, when he was doing a musical on his life “One! ~The History of Tackey~“). He had to change his surname to “Takizawa” when his mother remarried. We also found out that he was born on a hospital bench.
- He is afraid of loud noises eg. concert explosions (or balloon bursting sounds lol)
- Takki likes to sleep half-naked. The first thing he does when he reaches home is to take off his socks, and then take a bath.
- Takki had 6 computers in his room, and added a Mac to his collection (and perhaps more computers have been added since). He once said that his room was very hot due to the heat coming from the computers.
- Takki was at age 22, the youngest male Taiga Drama lead actor, acting the role of “Yoshitsune” in “Yoshitsune” (2005).
- LaVenDer is sometimes Takki’s song-writing name. He has written many songs since his junior days, for himself, and his kouhais as well. Many songs are still unreleased. Look below for a list of songs he has penned.
- Takki had his first solocon on 23rd Dec (in Osaka Jou Hall) and 25th Dec (in Yokohama Arena) in 2005. It was released on DVD.
- Takki fell and broke his nose 2 days before T&T’s concerts in Nagoya, during their X~Dame tour in February 2007. He had to wear a nose mask, and performed 2 shows a day, only 2 days after the accident. He removed the nose mask during the Fukuoka shows a week later, using only a plaster. Fans were heartbroken when they saw him performing more enthusiastically than usual, with a huge bruise under his right eye.
- Takki is part of a self-formed group called “No Border”, a drinking/hanging out group consisting of members from various JE groups. People in this group include Koichi (Kinki Kids), MatsuJun (Arashi), Yamapi (News), Toma, Hina (K8) etc…
- Takki’s regular radio show, Takizawa Denpajou, started on 6th October 2007. In the show, he’s called “Tono” (meaning “Master”), hence his now often-used nickname.
- In Shounen Club’s Takizawa Special Project, Takki conducted auditions for the jrs. and chose members to form a dance unit group called “Butoukan”. He made Yara the leader of the group, and directed/filmed/edited their first PV called “Now and Forever”.
- Takki has also directed and produced many other kouhai groups’ PVs, including Arashi’s “Arashi” PV, and the opening VTR of NEWS Diamond concert, by request from Yamapi.
- Takki finally had his solo debut on 7th January 2009, with single “Ai Kakumei” (Love Revolution) which is the themesong he wrote for Takizawa Kakumei. This single attained the No.1 spot on the Oricon charts, selling over 57,000 copies in its first week, and going on to sell more than 70,000 copies.
- Takki’s 2nd single is “Sha La La/Mugen no Hane”, a double A side single released on 6th May 2009. It also attained the No. 1 spot on the Oricon charts, selling over 46,000 copies in its first week. Shalala is the themesong of the TaKaRa CAN Chu-Hi CM, but Mugen no Hane (written by Takki) is the fan-favourite. Both were first performed in Takizawa Enbujo’09.
- Takki’s 2nd solo concert, Takisama (Tackey Summer) Concert ’09, kicked off at Yokohama Arena on 27th June 2009. There were 6 shows in 3 venues – Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka. The all-last at Osaka Jou Hall was on 17th July 2009. One of the highlights was a ranger show, which saw the birth of new character “TAKIRANGER” and “Souchou” (Yankee).
- Takki took on his first ‘evil’ role in “Orthros no Inu“, a TBS drama series which started on 24th July 2009. It had been 4 years since his last drama series (Taiga drama “Yoshitsune” in 2005), and 6 years since his last ‘normal’ drama series (Boku dake no Madonna, in 2003).
- Takki’s 3rd solo single “Hikari Hitotsu” (theme song for Orthros no Inu) was released on 23rd September 2009. It also attained the No.1 spot on Oricon, selling 43,000+ copies in the first week.
- 2010 was the first year in since Takki entered showbiz that he did not appear in a drama…
- On 9 June, 2012, Takki was appointeed the Goodwill Ambassador for Federated States of Micronesia.
- Takki’s first lead role in a movie is for Kodomo Tsukai, which released on 17 June, 2017.
- On 31 August, 2017, Takki was appointed Goodwill Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates.
- Takki is the fourth human being (and the first Japanese) ever to step foot inside the active volcano, Mt. Marum in Vanuatu. As of February 2018, he has already conquered 4 of out of the 5 famous active volcanoes in the world.
Songs written by Takki:
- GET!!! (unreleased; wrote the melody; wrote the lyrics with Tsubasa)
- Everlasting Love ~ 終わりのない想い ~ (unreleased; wrote the melody, wrote the lyrics with MAIKO)
- Ano toki wa tashikani koishiteta (unreleased)
- 894… Hakushi (unreleased)
- Futari no Yoru (released in T&T’s “2wenty 2wo” album 2004)
- Madonna (unreleased; wrote for “Dreamboy” musical 2004)
- My angel, you are angel (wrote for Kat-Tun, released in Kat-Tun’s “Cartoon KATTUN” album 2007)
- Fight All Night (wrote for Kat-Tun; DreamBoy musical in 2004; released in Kat-Tun’s “Cartoon KATTUN” album 2007)
- Da.ke.do (unreleased; wrote this with his friend, Makoto Koshinaka)
- Juunigatsu no Hana (wrote this for a friend’s friend’s wedding; first sung during his solocon 2005; wrote the melody and arrangement while Makoto penned the lyrics; released in T&T’s “2U4U” album 2006)
- Words of Love (wrote the lyrics; released in T&T’s “TAKITSUBA BEST” album 2007)
- With Love (wrote the melody and lyrics for Takizawa Enbujo’08 – Theme Song; released in the “Ai Kakumei” debut single)
- Ai Kakumei (wrote the melody and lyrics for Takizawa Kakumei’09 – Theme Song; released on 7th Jan 2009, in the midst of the butai run)
- Home Party!! (invited his close friends, Hina, Yoko & Yamapi to guest appear in this song which is released in his solo debut single, Ai Kakumei)
- Mugen no Hane (double A-side single, Takki’s 2nd solo single, and performed in Takizawa Enbujo’09, ABC-Z and Kis-my-ft2 members took part in the recording)
- Tegami (only found in the “Tackey Shop” limited edition jacket D of Shalala/Mugen no Hane, music and lyrics by Takki; the lyrics is Takki’s message to his fans, and is in a letter-style format)
- Boku ga iru (only found in the “Tackey Shop” limited edition jacket D of Hikari Hitotsu, music and lyrics by Takki)
- Kareha no Kage (unreleased; wrote the lyrics, performed in Takizawa Kakumei 2010)
- My Dream ~ 永遠 ~ (unreleased; wrote this for Takizawa Kabuki 2010 as a theme song for Masakado in Act 2)
- SHOW (unreleased; wrote for 100th anniversary of Imperial Theatre and performed in Takizawa Kakumei 2011)
- Boku no Kakera (unreleased; wrote lyrics for Takizawa Kakumei 2011; duet with Nakayama Yuma)
- Hanaka ~ Boku to Anata (released in “Trip and Treasure” mini-album; wrote lyrics, melody by Tokunaga Hideaki)
- Lotte Koala
- Final Fantasy X
- Fuji Film Check
- Lotte SOH
- Shiseido Ma Cherie
- NTT Docomo
- Sapporo Green Tea
- Oronamin C Drink (2005)
- Olympus (Digital)
- AMO Complete (2003 ~ 2008)
- Meiji Amino Collagen (2006 ~ 2007)
- Meiji Theobro Cocoa (2006)
- Wii Family Skii/Jockey/Stadium/Trainer (T&T) (2007 ~ 2008)
- Nissin “Spa Ou” (2008)
- Daiichi de Knight (2008 ~ 2009)
- Nissin “Nicchin” range (2008)
- Nissin “Go Fan” (2009)
- TaKaRa Can Chu-Hi (2009 ~ 2010)
- 24hr Cosme (2012 ~ )
- KAIGEN (2012 ~ )
- The Global Group (2013 ~ )
- KFC (2016)
- Men’s Bigen (2017 ~ )
Takki’s Fan Mail address:
Johnny’s Family Club
1-10-10 Shibuya, Miyamasu Tower B1F
Shibuya, Tokyo 150-8850
You can write letters to Takki and send them to the above address. Do not send gifts as they will not be accepted by Johnny’s Family Club.
Please do not duplicate this page, translate to your own language and/or post it onto your blogs/sites.