Hi everyone~ hisashiburi desu~ It’s been a while since our last tidbits post. Both Mich and I have been preoccupied with things that have been going on in our personal lives. But we’re trying to refocus our attention on Takki again because he will be on TV these next two weeks leading up to the premiere of Akutou (which, don’t forget, is November 30th!) ^^
1) Takki will be on “Bokura no Jidai” (Fuji TV) with his Akutou co-star, Kaname Jun, on November 25th at 7 pm. According to a tweet from Kaname-san, they recorded the show yesterday (Nov 18).
2) Takki will be on the 2 hour special of “Nakayoshi Terebi” (Fuji TV) on November 27th at 7 pm. On this show, Takki will be one of the representatives on the “Japanese team” as they have serious (and sometimes heated) debates regarding various issues in today’s Japanese society.
3) The Ishinomori Manga Museum in Ishinomaki was damaged due to the tsunami in 2011. But it finally reopened its doors to the public yesterday (Nov 17) and people who attended the reopening noticed that there were congratulatory flowers sent from Takki! According to this photo from Twitter, he actually sent two flower arrangements. The sign on the right says “To Ishinomori Manga Museum, from Takizawa Hideaki” and the one on the left is actually dedicated to “Sea Jetter Kaito-sama”, the superhero mascot of Ishinomaki City! lol
4) Takki will be featured in the November 24th issue of “Saturday Johnny’s” (an article in Nikkan Sports).
5) On a sadder note… As all of you might already know, the elegant and honorable Mori Mitsuko-san passed away on November 10th. She was 92 years old. Mori-san and Takki had a close relationship and she had always looked after him like he was one of her own… Takki always used to mention how she made him bentos everyday (and they even shared one together) when they shot the movie “Kawa no Nagare no Youni”.
When I heard news of her passing, the first thing that jumped to my mind was “I wonder how Takki is taking the news”. Then coincidentally on November 15th, a comment made by Takki was released by the press. Takki said that when it comes to Mori-san, her cheerfulness, her smile and her kind face is all that he’s ever known, so he still can’t believe (that she’s gone). He also said that he will treasure the days he spent together with her on the stage of Jinsei Kakumei, which ironically, was the last stage show she ever did :( RIP Mori-san. Thank you for everything that you’ve done for our Tono.